5 Lb ground beef
24 saltine crackers crumbled
1 medium onion chopped
1/4 C Parmesan cheese
6 cloves garlic
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp salt
2 Tbsp Butter
1. Mix beef, crackers, eggs, Parmesan cheese and 1/2 of the chopped onions together and form a mixture into 24 balls.
2. Melt 2 Tbsp butter in a large skillet and brown the meat balls.
3. While browning, add the other 1/2 of chopped onion and 6 cloves of garlic.
4. When well browned, add your favorite spaghetti sauce, such as Prego or Ragu or your own recipe, and add 6 Tbsp Parmesan cheese.
5. Place in a Dutch oven and bake at 350 degrees for 2 1/2 hours without a lid.
6. Serve over your favorite pasta and top with fresh chopped parsley.
Serve with garlic bread.
"Capt. Dick's Seafood & Southern Country Cook-ing," Capt. Dick May's newest cookbook, can be ordered at www.Ama-zon.com. Go to "Cook-books," then to the "Food and Wine" category. Type in "Capt. Dick's Seafood & Southern Country Cooking" and click. A picture of the cookbook, price and information for ordering will be displayed.