2 Lb. large shrimp peeled with tails intact
C. olive oil
2 Tbs. lemon juice
2 tsp. rosemary dried
2 tsp. thyme dried
2 tsp. lemon Peel freshly grated
2 cloves garlic minced
1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes crushed
24 cherry tomatoes
4 sm. zucchini
8 green onions
1. In a large zip top bag, combine olive oil, lemon juice, rosemary, thyme, lemon peel, garlic, red pepper flakes.
2. Seal the bag and shake to mix. Add the shrimp to the bag, seal it, and shake again to coat the shrimp.
3. Put the bag in the refrigerator and let the shrimp marinate for at least 30 minutes.
4. Cut the zucchini into 24 pieces.
5. Trim the green onions so that there are about 2 inches of green over the bulb.
6. Transfer the shrimp and marinade to a bowl, reserving the liquid.
7. Skewer the zucchini, cherry tomatoes and onions, alternating with the shrimp.
8. Lightly grease a grill rack. Put the kabobs on the rack and brush with some of the reserved marinade.
9. Grill kabobs for 5 minutes. Turn skewers and brush with more marinade.
10. Grill until cooked through about 4 minutes longer.
11. Serve two kabobs per person with a Lemon half to squeeze onto the Shrimp.
Capt. Dick May is the owner of Easy Rider Charters in Bokeelia. He can be reached at 239-283-3247 or easyridercharters.com.
"Capt. Dick's Seafood & Southern Country Cooking" (a new cookbook) can be ordered for $14.95 plus $3 postage by calling the number above or mailing a check (made out to Dick May) to 7989 Judge Bean Road, Bokeelia, FL 33922.