1/2 Lb. bacon finely diced
2 med. onions finely chopped
1 1/2 C. uncooked long grain rice
3 1/4 C. chicken broth
1 1/2 C. tomatoes peeled and chopped
2 tsp. lemon juice
1 1/2 tsp. Worcester-shire sauce
1 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp. black pepper
2 Lb. medium shrimp cleaned
1/4 C. parsley chopped
1. In a large pot, fry bacon over medium heat.
2. Pour off all but 3 Tbsp of the fat and add the onions to the pot.
3. Cook for 3 minutes over medium heat, stirring.
4. Add the rice, 2 1/4 C. of the chicken broth, tomatoes with juices, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, salt, nutmeg, cayenne pepper and black pepper.
5. Bring to a low simmer, cover and cook for 20 minutes.
6. Stir in the bacon, shrimp, and the remaining cup of broth.
7. Continue cooking, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
8. Stir the bog with a fork, adjust seasonings and sprinkle parsley on top.
Capt. Dick May is the owner of Easy Rider Charters in Bokeelia. He can be reached at 239-283-3247 or easyriderchar-ters.com. "Capt. Dick's Seafood & Southern Country Cooking" (a new cookbook) can be ordered for $14.95 plus $3 postage by calling the number above or mailing a check (made out to Dick May) to 7989 Judge Bean Road, Bokeelia, FL 33922.