4 (4 oz.) trout fillets
1/2 C. flour
1/2 stick butter
Salt and pepper
1/2 C. slivered almonds
2 Tbsp. chopped parsley
1/4 C. white wine
1. Sprinkle trout fillets with salt and pepper to taste.
2. Squeeze lemon over both sides of the fillets, then coat the fillets with flour.
3. Melt butter at medium heat in a large non-stick pan.
4. Add the fillets and cook for two or three minutes until lightly browned.
5. Turn and cook for another couple of minutes.
6. Remove fillets to paper towels.
7. Brown the almonds, add the chopped parsley and stir.
8. Add the wine and stir well, scraping bottom of pan to deglaze.
9. Turn off the heat and return the fillets to pan and hold until ready to serve.
10. Transfer fillets to a platter and pour the sauce and almonds over the fillets.
Capt. Dick May is the owner of Easy Rider Charters in Bokeelia. He can be reached at 239-283-3247 or easyridercharters.com. "Capt. Dick's Seafood & Southern Country Cooking" (a new cookbook) can be ordered for $14.95 plus $3 postage by calling the number above or mailing a check (made out to Dick May) to 7989 Judge Bean Road, Bokeelia, FL 33922.