8 oz. Gorgonzola cheese
2 Tbsp. fine breadcrumbs
1 dash black pepper
3 Tbsp. toasted pine nuts coarsely chopped
20 large shrimp uncooked
1. Crumble cheese in a bowl. Stir in breadcrumbs, pepper and toasted pine nuts. Set aside.
2. Peel, devein and butterfly shrimp. Cut down and back until shrimp can be flattened.
3. Place a teaspoon of the cheese mixture on each shrimp and flatten out to cover shrimp.
4. Place filled shrimp on a foil lined pan and cover with wax paper.
5. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
6. Move the broiler rack up to the top position and reheat for 10-minutes.
7. Remove the wax paper and broil until the shrimp turns pink on the edges and the cheese starts to brown.
8. Remove from the broiler and serve hot.
Capt. Dick May is the owner of Easy Rider Charters in Bokeelia. He can be reached at 239-283-3247 or easyridercharters.com. "Capt. Dick's Seafood & Southern Country Cooking" (new cookbook) can be ordered for $14.95 plus $3 postage by calling the number above or by mailing a check (made out to Dick May) to 7989 Judge Bean Road, Bokeelia, FL 33922.