5 oz. rice noodles
1/2 cup lime juice
1/2 cup sugar
2 Tbs. fish sauce
1/2 tsp. chili paste
1 lb. small shrimp peeled and deveined
1/2 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves
1. Prepare rice noodles according to package instructions.
2. Combine the lime juice, sugar, fish sauce and chili paste to make the Thai shrimp sauce.
3. Pour Thai shrimp sauce into a 10-inch non-stick pan.
4. Turn heat to medium high and bring to boil.
5. Add the shrimp and reduce heat to medium low and cook until shrimp is tender about 3-4 minutes.
6. Add cilantro to sauce. Taste and adjust seasonings, and pour over noodles.
Capt. Dick May is the owner of Easy Rider Charters in Bokeelia. He can be reached at 239-283-3247 or easyridercharters.com. "Capt. Dick's Seafood & Southern Country Cooking" (new cookbook) can be ordered for $14.95 plus $3 postage by calling the number above or by mailing a check (made out to Dick May) to 7989 Judge Bean Road, Bokeelia, FL 33922.