2 Tbs. white wine vinegar
2 Tbs. reduced sodium soy sauce
3 cloves garlic minced
4 (4 oz) mackerel fillets skin on
vegetable cooking spray
1 1/2 tsp. dried rosemary crushed
1/2 tsp. cracked black pepper
1. Combine first 3 ingredients in a large shallow dish or a zip lock bag and add fillets and refrigerate for 1 hour.
2. Drain fish and discard marinade.
3. Place fish, skin side up, on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray.
4. Broil 3 inches from heat with the electric oven door open.
5. Carefully turn over fish when done on one side and sprinkle rosemary and pepper on fleshy side.
6. Broil for 6 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Makes 2-3 servings
Capt. Dick May is the owner of Easy Rider Charters in Bokeelia. He can be reached at 239-283-3247 or easyridercharters.com. "Capt. Dick's Seafood & Southern Country Cooking" (new cookbook) can be ordered for $14.95 plus $3 postage by calling the number above or by mailing a check (made out to Dick May) to 7989 Judge Bean Road, Bokeelia, FL 33922.