Catch ‘em & Cook ‘em: Shrimp with Bacon
Shrimp with Bacon
1/2 Tbsp sour cream
1/2 Tbsp mayonnaise
Juice from one lime
1/2 tsp chopped green onion
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
7 large shrimp
7 slices lean bacon
1/4 of a medium onion chopped
1 C chopped mushrooms
1 C chopped green bell pepper
Canola or olive oil for sauteing
Dash of steak sauce
1. For the dipping sauce, mix together the first 7 ingredients. Cover and chill until ready to use.
2. Wrap shrimp with bacon and skewer with a toothpick.
3. Saute onion, mushrooms and pepper in canola or olive oil
4. Add a dash of steak sauce and stir.
5. Lightly saute shrimp / bacon skewers until done, no more than 5 minutes.
“Capt. Dick’s Seafood & Southern Country Cook-ing,” Capt. Dick May’s newest cookbook, can be ordered at www.Ama-zon.com. Go to Cookbooks then to Food and Wine category. Type in “Capt. Dick’s Seafood and Southern Country Cooking” and click. A picture of the cookbook, price and info for ordering will be displayed.