1/2 Tbsp sour cream
1/2 Tbsp mayonnaise
Juice from one lime
1/2 tsp chopped green onion
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
7 large shrimp
7 slices lean bacon
1/4 of a medium onion chopped
1 C chopped mushrooms
1 C chopped green bell pepper
Canola or olive oil for sauteing
Dash of steak sauce
1. For the dipping sauce, mix together the first 7 ingredients. Cover and chill until ready to use.
2. Wrap shrimp with bacon and skewer with a toothpick.
3. Saute onion, mushrooms and pepper in canola or olive oil
4. Add a dash of steak sauce and stir.
5. Lightly saute shrimp/bacon skewers until done, no more than 5 minutes.
Capt. Dick May is the owner of Easy Rider Charters in Bokeelia. He can be reached at 239-283-3247 or EasyRiderCharters.com. "Capt. Dick's Seafood & Southern Country Cooking" (a new cookbook) can be ordered at www.Amazon.com. Go to Cookbooks then to Food and Wine category. Type in "Capt. Dick's Seafood and Southern Country Cooking" and click. A picture of the cookbook, price and info for ordering will be displayed.