6 Tbsp butter cubed
1 small onion finely chopped
1/4 C finely chopped celery
1/4 C finely chopped green pepper
1 Lb uncooked shrimp peeled, deveined and chopped
1/4 C beef broth
1 tsp diced pimientos drained
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp dill weed
1/2 tsp minced olives
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1 1/2 C soft bread crumbs
6 flounder fillets (3 oz each)
5 Tbsp butter melted
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp minced parsley
1/2 tsp paprika
Salt & pepper to taste
1. In a large skillet, melt butter. Add the onion, celery, and green pepper and saute until tender.
2. Add shrimp and cook stirring until they turn pink.
3. Add the broth, pimientos, Worcestershire sauce, dill, chives, salt and cayenne and heat through.
4. Spoon about 1/2 C stuffing into each fillet and roll up.
5. Place seam side down in a greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
6. Drizzle with butter and lemon juice and sprinkle with seasonings.
7. Bake uncovered at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Capt. Dick May is the owner of Easy Rider Charters in Bokeelia. He can be reached at 239-283-3247 or easyridercharters.com. "Capt. Dick's Seafood & Southern Country Cooking" (a new cookbook) can be ordered for $14.95 plus $3 postage by calling the number above or mailing a check (made out to Dick May) to 7989 Judge Bean Road, Bokeelia, FL 33922.