2 Lbs Brussels sprouts
1 bacon strips diced
1 medium onion chopped
1 C chicken broth
1 tsp caraway seeds
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1.Trim Brussels sprouts and cut an X in the core of each
2. In a large saucepan, bring 1 inch of water and Brussels sprouts to a boil
3. Reduce heat and cover and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp tender
4. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp.
5. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels to drain, reserving the drippings.
6. In the same skillet, saute onion in the drippings until tender.
7. Stir in the chicken broth, caraway seeds, salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
8. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered until liquid is almost evaporated.
9. Drain sprouts. Add sprouts and bacon to onion mixture and toss to coat.
Capt. Dick May is the owner of Easy Rider Charters in Bokeelia. He can be reached at 239-283-3247 or easyridercharters.com. "Capt. Dick's Seafood & Southern Country Cooking" (a new cookbook) can be ordered for $14.95 plus $3 postage by calling the number above or mailing a check (made out to Dick May) to 7989 Judge Bean Road, Bokeelia, FL 33922.