This recipe came from a famous New Orleans French Quarter restaurant.
2 10 oz. redfish fillets
1/2 pint whipping cream
1/4 tsp. green peppercorns
1/2 C white wine
Pinch of salt
1.Poach the fillets in fish stock or saute them in a buttered pan
2. Drain the fillets and keep warm
3. Put 1/4 tsp of green peppercorns in a saute pan and add the wine.
4. Cook until the wine is almost dry, and then add cream
5. Reduce the cream until thick, then season with salt and more green peppercorns, if necessary
6. Spoon sauce over the fillets and serve immediately
Capt. Dick May is the owner of Easy Rider Charters in Bokeelia. He can be reached at 239-283-3247 or easyridercharters.com. "Capt. Dick's Seafood & Southern Country Cooking" (a new cookbook) can be ordered for $14.95 plus $3 postage by calling the number above or mailing a check (made out to Dick May) to 7989 Judge Bean Road, Bokeelia, FL 33922.