2 Lbs mullet fillets
1/3 C soy sauce
1 Tbsp liquid smoke
1 clove garlic finely chopped
3 Tbsp vegetable oil
Lemon wedges for garnish
1. Skin fillets and cut into serving size portions
2. Combine remaining ingredients except lemon wedges and mix thoroughly
3. Place fish on a well greased broiler pan and brush with sauce
4. Broil about 3 inches from source of heat for 4 to 6 minutes
5. Turn carefully and brush other side with sauce
6. Broil 4 to 6 minutes longer, basting occasionally until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork
7. Serve with lemon wedges.
Capt. Dick May is the owner of Easy Rider Charters in Bokeelia. He can be reached at 239-283-3247 or easyridercharters.com. "Capt. Dick's Seafood & Southern Country Cooking" (a new cookbook) can be ordered for $14.95 plus $3 postage by calling the number above or mailing a check (made out to Dick May) to 7989 Judge Bean Road, Bokeelia, FL 33922.