5 cloves garlic
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 (24 oz) jar tomato basil pasta sauce
1 (8 oz) bottle clam juice
1 C dry white wine or chicken broth
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
1 stp crushed red pepper flakes
1 tsp minced fresh basil
1 tsp minced fresh thyme
1 Lb fresh littleneck clams
1 Lb fresh mussels scrubbed and beards removed
1 Lb uncooked medium shrimp peeled and deveined
1 Lb bay scallops
1 (6 oz) fresh baby spinach
1. In a Dutch oven, saute garlic in oil until tender.
2. Add the pasta sauce, clam juice, wine, water and seasonings and bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes
4. Add fresh clams, mussels and shrimp.
5. Bring to a boil
6. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
7. Stir in scallops and spinach
8. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until clams and mussels open, shrimp turn pink and scallops are opaque.
9. Discard any un-opened clams or mussels.
book) can be ordered for $14.95 plus $3 postage by calling the number above or mailing a check (made out to Dick May) to 7989 Judge Bean Road, Bokeelia, FL 33922.