32 oz. Bavarian sauerkraut drained well
24 oz. cooked corned beef deli sliced and chopped
4 C Swiss cheese shredded
1 C Mayonnaise
1 C Thousand Island dressing
4 Tbsp butter melted
1 C rye bread crumbs
1.Toast the rye bread and process in blender to make rye crumbs
2. Layer the sauerkraut, corned beef, swiss cheese in a 9 x 13-inch baking dish and set aside.
3. Prepare the sauce by mixing the mayonnaise and Thousand Island dressing together.
4. Pour the sauce over the casserole mixture.
5. Mix together the butter and bread crumbs and sprinkle over the top of the casserole.
6. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
Capt. Dick May is the owner of Easy Rider Charters in Bokeelia. He can be reached at 239-283-3247 or easyridercharters.com. "Capt. Dick's Seafood & Southern Country Cooking" (a new cookbook) can be ordered for $14.95 plus $3 postage by calling the number above or mailing a check (made out to Dick May) to 7989 Judge Bean Road, Bokeelia, FL 33922.