1 to 3 Lb blade cut beef roast
4 fresh carrots peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
1 Lg onion, cut into 2-inch thick slices
3 red potatoes peeled and quartered
1 pkg Lipton onion soup dry mix
1 tsp salt
2 Tbsp oil
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1. Mix flour and salt and pepper and dredge roast in it.
2. Heat oil in non-stick skillet and brown the floured roast in it.
3. Place onion slices, carrots and potatoes in a 6-quart crock pot with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Place browned roast on top of the vegetables
5. Sprinkle entire envelope of Lipton onion soup mix over roast.
6. Sprinkle Worcestershire sauce over onion soup mixture.
7. Cook on low setting of crock pot for 6 to 8 hours. After 6 hours, check to see if roast is fort tender.
8. If gravy is desired, turn crock pot to high for 15 minutes with juices still in the pot.
9. Put 1/3 C juice from pot into jelly jar with a lid and add 1 Tbsp flour. Shake well until mixture is smooth with no lumps.
10. Add mixture to remaining juices in crock pot and whisk until you have a smooth gravy. Season to taste with salt and pepper and/or Maggi Seasoning.
Serve in a bowl or gravy boat.
Capt. Dick May is the owner of Easy Rider Charters in Bokeelia. He can be reached at 239-283-3247 or easyridercharters.com. "Capt. Dick's Seafood & Southern Country Cooking" (a new cookbook) can be ordered for $14.95 plus $3 postage by calling the number above or mailing a check (made out to Dick May) to 7989 Judge Bean Road, Bokeelia, FL 33922.