5 Lb ground beef
24 saltine crackers crumbled
1 medium onion chopped
1/4 C Parmesan cheese
6 cloves garlic
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp salt
2 Tbsp butter
1.Mix beef, crackers, eggs, Parmesan cheese and 1/2 of the chopped onions together and form a mixture into 24 balls.
2. Melt 2 Tbsp butter in a large skillet and brown the meat balls.
3. While browning, add the other 1/2 of chopped onion and 6 cloves of garlic.
4. When well browned, add your favorite spaghetti sauce such as Prego or Ragu or your own recipe and add 6 Tbsp Parmesan cheese.
5. Place in a Dutch oven and bake at 350 degrees for 2 1/2 hours without a lid.
6. Serve over your favorite pasta and top with fresh chopped parsley.
Serve with garlic bread
Capt. Dick May is the owner of Easy Rider Charters in Bokeelia. He can be reached at 239-283-3247 or easyridercharters.com. "Capt. Dick's Seafood & Southern Country Cooking" (a new cookbook) can be ordered for $14.95 plus $3 postage by calling the number above or mailing a check (made out to Dick May) to 7989 Judge Bean Road, Bokeelia, FL 33922.