The Lee County Clerk of Court Office will participate in Sunshine Week and is offering a free public seminar from 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. on March 20 at the Fort Myers Beach Public Library,
2755 Estero Blvd, Fort Myers Beach.
Sunshine Week is a nationwide initiative promoting a dialogue about the importance of open government and freedom of information. Sunshine Week seeks to educate, enlighten and empower the public's right to know.
Clerk of the Courts Linda Doggett will guides attendees through the information available on the Lee County Clerk of Court website.
Public records are not only useful to businesses and organizations, but can help you make better informed decisions in your personal day to day life:
* Review Civil and Criminal public records of prospective tenants or employees, or when choosing a new doctor or selecting a local contractor
Who: Clerk of the Courts
What: The Value of Searching Public Records and Online Services
When: March 20
Time: 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Where: Fort Myers Beach Public Library
2755 Estero Blvd, Fort Myers Beach, FL 33931
* Learn how to obtain copies of deeds and mortgages
* Review County Financial and Audit Reports
* Find interactive forms for Evictions, Small Claims and Simple Divorce
* Learn how to pay your traffic ticket on-line
* Bid on Foreclosure properties or Tax Deed Certificates
* Request postponement or excusal of Jury Duty
* Obtain Passport and Marriage License information
* Locate links to other local and state agencies
Source: Lee County Clerk of Court Office