3 to 4 lbs stewing chicken or fryer cut into serving pieces
2 tsp salt
1 tsp paprika
2 medium onions sliced
2 stalks celery sliced
2 carrots pared and sliced
1 bay leaf
1 C chicken broth
1/2 C flour
1/2 C water-ward
1 Pkg (10 oz) noodles cooked and drained
Garnish: chopped parsley
1. Rinse chicken and pat dry. Season with salt and pepper
2. Place sliced vegetables and bay leaf in crock pot.
3. Place chicken pieces on top of vegetables and pour chicken broth over all.
4. Cover and cook on low for 8 to 12 hours or on high for 4 to 6 hours.
5. One hour before serving, turn to high, remove Chicken pieces, bone and return to crock pot.
6. Make smooth paste of flour and Water and stir into liquid in crock pot. Cover and cook until thickened.
7. Serve over hot noodles and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Serves 6 to 8
Capt. Dick May is the owner of Easy Rider Charters in Bokeelia. He can be reached at 239-283-3247 or easyridercharters.com. "Capt. Dick's Seafood & Southern Country Cooking" (a new cookbook) can be ordered for $14.95 plus $3 postage by calling the number above or mailing a check (made out to Dick May) to 7989 Judge Bean Road, Bokeelia, FL 33922.