1 Tbsp EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
4 to 5 Button Mushrooms sliced
1/2 tsp finely chopped fresh Rosemary
1/4 tsp freshly ground Black Pepper
1 Large Egg lightly beaten
1 (17.3 oz pkg) frozen Puff Pastry Dough thawed
1 (1 lb trimmed Beef Tenderloin (cut into cubes about 3/4 inches thick)
1/3 C Boursin Cheese
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees
2. Heat Oil in medium non-stick skillet over medium heat.
3. Add Mushrooms and Rosemary and saute for 3 minutes or until browned
4. Stir in Pepper and 1/8 tsp Sea Salt and set aside.
5. Whisk together Egg and 1 Tbsp water in a small bowl.
6. Roll 1 sheet of Puff Pastry into a 9 x 12 inch rectangle on a slightly floured work surface.
7. Cut into 12 (3 inch) square.
8. Arrange 1 Beef Cube in the center of each pastry square and sprinkle with a pinch of Sea Salt.
9. Top each Beef Cube with about tsp Boursin Cheese and 1 Mushroom slice.
10. Brush edges of pastry squares with egg mixture. Fold dough corners over filling in the center to make a packet pinching to seal.
11. Place on a large, parchment paper lined baking sheet.
12. Repeat with remaining ingredients, and brush with remaining egg mixture.
13. Bake for 9 minutes or until pastry is puffed and golden brown.
14. Let stand for 5 minutes.
Makes 8 10 servings
Capt. Dick May is the owner of Easy Rider Charters in Bokeelia. He can be reached at 239-283-3247 or easyridercharters.com. "Capt. Dick's Seafood & Southern Country Cooking" (a new cookbook) can be ordered for $14.95 plus $3 postage by calling the number above or mailing a check (made out to Dick May) to 7989 Judge Bean Road, Bokeelia, FL 33922.