1 medium Onion diced
3 Ribs Celery diced
Red Bell Pepper diced
2 cloves Garlic minced
8 oz Shrimp peeled and chopped
C dry White Wine
1 tsp Salt divided
1 tsp Pepper divided
8 dressed Trout
16 slices Bacon
1. Melt 2 Tbsp Butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Add Onion, Celery, Bell Pepper and Garlic and saute 10 minutes.
3. Add Shrimp and cook, stirring constantly for 5 minutes. Add Wine and stir to loosen particles from skillet.
4. Add C. Butter, tsp Salt, and tsp Pepper, stirring until Butter melts. Cool slightly.
5. Remove heads from Trout, leaving tails intact.
6. Spoon Shrimp mixture evenly into cavities. Sprinkle outside of fish evenly with remaining tsp Salt and tsp Pepper.
7. Wrap 2 Bacon slices around each Trout and secure with toothpicks.
8. Melt remaining 2 Tbsp Butter in large skillet over medium high heat.
9. Add Trout in batches and cook 2 minutes on each side. Transfer to a 15 x 20 inch jellyroll pan or roasting pan.
10. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork.
Capt. Dick May is the owner of Easy Rider Charters in Bokeelia. He can be reached at 239-283-3247 or easyridercharters.com. "Capt. Dick's Seafood & Southern Country Cooking" (a new cookbook) can be ordered for $14.95 plus $3 postage by calling the number above or mailing a check (made out to Dick May) to 7989 Judge Bean Road, Bokeelia, FL 33922.