Fruit Salad (make the day before)
1 (64 oz) pkg. Frozen family size mixed fruit (we found this at Publix)
1 (15 oz) can chunky mixed fruit with juice
1 (20 oz) can Pineapple Chunks with juice
1 (4 oz) pkg frozen blueberries
3 Bananas sliced
1 (8 oz) can Mandarin Orange Slices
1/2 of a (7 oz) pkg Shredded coconut
Mix all ingredients together and refrigerate covered to meld flavors.
Fresh Cranberry Sauce
(make two days before)
1 (12 oz) bag of fresh Cranberries
1 C. Water
1 C. Sugar
1. Wash the Cranberries
2. Bring the water to a boil then add the Cranberries and Sugar
3. Cook for 10 minutes or until the skins pop.
4. Skim off the white froth and let cool.
5. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Pumpkin Pecan Pie
1 C. Bisquick
1/2 C. Sugar
1 Tbsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
2 tsp Vanilla
1 Can (15 oz) Evaporated Milk
3/4 C. Chopped Pecans
Spiced Topping (See below)
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 10 inch pie plate.
2. Stir all ingredients except Pecans and Spiced topping until blended.
3. Stir in Pecans and pour into the pie plate
4. Bake uncovered for 50 to 55 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool. Serve with spiced topping.
5. Cover and refrigerate any remaining pie. Serves 8
1 1/2 C. Frozen Whipped topping thawed.
1/4 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
1. Mix ingredients until smooth.
Capt. Dick May is the owner of Easy Rider Charters in Bokeelia. He can be reached at 239-283-3247 or easyridercharters.com. "Capt. Dick's Seafood & Southern Country Cooking" (a new cookbook) can be ordered for $14.95 plus $3 postage by calling the number above or mailing a check (made out to Dick May) to 7989 Judge Bean Road, Bokeelia, FL 33922.