1/4 C. butter melted
1/2 C. dry bread crumbs
1/3 C. grated Parmesan cheese
2 Tbsp. minced fresh parsley
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. paprika
1/4 tsp. dried oregano
1/4 tsp. dried basil
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 Lb. tilapia, trout or any other fish fillets.
1. Fish should be pan dressed, washed in cold water and blotted dry with paper towels. If you are not going to prepare them the right way, place them in an airtight container and refrigerate.
2. Place the butter in a shallow bowl.
3. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, cheese and seasonings.
4. Dip fish in melted butter, then coat with crumb mixture.
5. Place in a greased 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan.
6. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Capt. Dick May is the owner of Easy Rider Charters in Bokeelia. He can be reached at 239-283-3247 or easyridercharters.com. "Capt. Dick's Seafood & Southern Country Cooking" (a new cookbook) can be ordered for $14.95 plus $3 postage by calling the number above or mailing a check (made out to Dick May) to 7989 Judge Bean Road, Bokeelia, FL 33922.