1 mango (1 cup) peeled and cubed
2 Tbsp fresh mint leaves
2 Tbsp lemon juice
2 Tbsp honey
2 tsp. finely chopped fresh garlic
1 tsp. chopped red jalapeno pepper
1. In a food processor bowl, combine all Mojo Sauce ingredients. Cover and process on high until smooth (45-60 seconds). Set aside.
3/4 lb. fresh or frozen sea scallops thawed and cut in half
1 red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 medium zucchini, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 Tbsp butter melted
Salt and Pepper
1. Heat broiler. Spray broiler pan with cooking spray.
2. On 4 (10 to 12-inch) skewers, alternately thread scallops, red pepper and zucchini.
3. Place kabobs on pan and brush with melted butter. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4. Broil 4 6 inches from the heat, turning once, until vegetables are crispy tender (11 to 14 minutes).
5. To serve, pour 1/4 cup Mojo Sauce on each individual serving plate and top with kabob.
6. Garnish with additional mint leaves, if desired.
Capt. Dick May is the owner of Easy Rider Charters in Bokeelia. He can be reached at 239-283-3247 or easyriderchar-ters.com. "Capt. Dick's Seafood & Southern Country Cooking" (a new cookbook) can be ordered for $14.95 plus $3 postage by calling the number above or mailing a check (made out to Dick May) to 7989 Judge Bean Road, Bokeelia, FL 33922.