3 Green onions chopped
1 Tbsp. chopped parsley
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1/4 tsp. pepper
6 whole cleaned trout
6 strips of bacon
C. biscuit mix
2 Tbsp. yellow cornmeal
1. Combine green onions, parsley, lemon juice and pepper.
2. Sprinkle trout cavities with salt, then spread each with onion mixture.
3. In a wide frying pan over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp.
4. Remove bacon from pan and drain. Leave 2 or 3 Tbsp. of the drippings in pan and reserve remaining drippings.
5. Combine biscuit mix and cornmeal on a piece of wax paper.
6. Coat trout on both sides with mixture. Arrange half the trout in the frying pan.
7. Cook, turning once, until fish is lightly browned and flakes readily when prodded in thickest portion with a fork.
8. Cook for about 5 minutes on each side.
9. Cook remaining fish in reserved drippings. Slip a bacon strip into cavity of each fish.
10. Garnish with lemon wedges, if desired.
Capt. Dick May is the owner of Easy Rider Charters in Bokeelia. He can be reached at 239-283-3247 or easyriderchar-ters.com. "Capt. Dick's Seafood & Southern Country Cooking" (a new cookbook) can be ordered for $14.95 plus $3 postage by calling the number above or mailing a check (made out to Dick May) to 7989 Judge Bean Road, Bokeelia, FL 33922.