1 1/4 Lbs. fish fillets cut into 1 inch thick strips
1/3 C. milk
1/3 C. jarred mango chutney
1/2 Jalapeno Pepper, seeded and diced
2 Scallions thinly sliced
2 Lemons (1 juiced & 1 cut into wedges)
1/2 C. Flour
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
2 Lg. eggs
2 C. panko
1 C. unsweetened shredded coconut toasted
1 head broccoli cut into florets
Vegetable oil for frying
1. Combine the fish and milk in a large bowl and allow to soak.
2. Mix the chutney, jalapeno, scallions, lemon juice and 2 Tbsp. water in a small bowl.
3. Combine the flour, 1/2 tsp. salt, and pepper to taste in a shallow bowl.
4. Beat the eggs with 1/2 cup water in another shallow bowl.
5. Mix the breadcrumbs, coconut, 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper in a third shallow bowl.
6. Drain the fish then coat each piece in the seasoned flour, dip in the egg mixture and roll in the breadcrumb mixture. Set on a rack until reado to cook.
7. Put the broccoli in a microwave-safe bowl with 3 Tbsp. water, cover with plastic wrap and microwave until tender.
8. Meanwhile, heat 1/2 inch vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
9. Working in batches, fry the fish sticks until golden brown about 2 minutes per side.
10. Drain on a paper towel lined plate.
11. Serve with broccoli, lemon wedges and chutney sauce.
Capt. Dick May is the owner of Easy Rider Charters in Bokeelia. He can be reached at 239-283-3247 or easyriderchar-ters.com. "Capt. Dick's Seafood & Southern Country Cooking" (a new cookbook) can be ordered for $14.95 plus $3 postage by calling the number above or mailing a check (made out to Dick May) to 7989 Judge Bean Road, Bokeelia, FL 33922.