1 Lb. medium shrimp peeled and deveined
1 C. chopped fresh cilantro
2 cloves garlic (minced)
1/3 C. lime juice
Four 9-inch flour tortillas
1 Tbsp. olive oil
2 Lg. bell peppers (1 red & 1 green) thinly sliced
1 Lg. onion thinly sliced
C. sour cream
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Stir together the shrimp, cilantro, garlic and lime juice. Let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, wrap the tortillas in foil and place in the oven until hot about 15 minutes.
4. Heat the oil in a wide, nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the peppers and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are limp about 10 minutes. Remove the vegetables from the pan and keep warm.
5. Add the shrimp mixture to the pan, increase the heat to high, and cook, stirring often, until the shrimp are opaque in the center (cut to test) about 3 minutes. Return the vegetables to the pan, stirring to mix with the shrimp.
6. Spoon the shrimp mixture onto the warm tortillas, top with sour cream, and roll up.
Capt. Dick May is the owner of Easy Rider Charters in Bokeelia. He can be reached at 239-283-3247 or easyridercharters.com. "Capt. Dick's Seafood & Southern Country Cooking" (a new cookbook) can be ordered for $14.95 plus $3 postage by calling the number above or mailing a check (made out to Dick May) to 7989 Judge Bean Road, Bokeelia, FL 33922.