If you don't want to spend all day in the kitchen on the 4th, this is for youl
The ribs can be pre-cooked the day before and the rest is just
heat it up!
The ribs are simple and the most tender ribs you will ever eat.
1 or 2 slabs of pork ribs
1/4 C. Wright's liquid Smoke
1/2 C. dry rub
1 C. barbeque sauce (your choice)
1. Place thawed pork ribs in a deep pan or roaster.
2. Pour enough water in pan to just barely cover ribs and pour in Liquid
Smoke and allow ribs to soak for 20 minutes.
3. After 20 minutes, remove ribs and allow them to drain on another
4. After they have drained for 10 minutes, thoroughly rub dry rub
seasoning into both sides.
5. Pour all except 1/2 inch of the water and Liquid Smoke out of the pan
and place ribs back in the pan, meaty side up.
6. Try to layer them so that as much of the meaty side is showing as
7. Seal the pan with aluminum foil as tightly as possible to hold the
8. Cook in the oven at 290 degrees for two hours.
9. Remove ribs carefully and place flat on a pan to cool.
10. At this point, if you are going to use them the next day, after
they have cooled, wrap them in plastic wrap and place in refrigerator.
11. When ready to serve, place ribs on a hot grill and brown them.
12. Then brush them with barbeque sauce on both sides and
continue to brown until sauce is well caramelized - almost burned!
13. Now serve them.
Each slab will serve 3 to 4 people.
Capt. Dick May is the owner of Easy Rider Charters in Bokeelia. He can be reached at 239-283-3247 or easyridercharters.com. "Capt. Dick's Seafood & Southern Country Cooking" (a new cookbook) can be ordered for $14.95 plus $3 postage by calling the number above or mailing a check (made out to Dick May) to 7989 Judge Bean Road, Bokeelia, FL 33922.