1 small onion finely chopped
1 rib celery finely chopped
1?4 cup + 6 Tbsp. butter divided
2 packages (3.53 oz each) crab meat drained
1/3 cup dry breadcrumbs
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1 egg beaten
2 Tbsp. diced pimientos drained
1?4 tsp. seafood seasoning
4 tilapia fillets (6 oz each)
1?4 tsp. salt
1?4 tsp. paprika
1. Saut onion and celery in 1?4 cup butter in a large skillet until tender.
2. Remove from the heat and stir in the crab, breadcrumbs, mayonnaise, egg, pimientos and seafood seasoning.
3. Spread 1/3 cup crab mixture over fillets.
4. Roll up each fillet from the pointed end and secure with toothpicks.
5. Place seam side down in a greased 9-inch square baking pan.
6. Melt remaining butter and drizzle over fish.
7. Sprinkle with salt and paprika.
8. Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
9. Discard toothpicks and spoon pan juices over fish.
Capt. Dick May is the owner of Easy Rider Charters in Bokeelia. He can be reached at 239-283-3247 or easyridercharters.com. "Capt. Dick's Seafood & Southern Country Cooking" (new cookbook) can be ordered for $14.95 plus $3 postage by calling the number above or by mailing a check (made out to Dick May) to 7989 Judge Bean Road, Bokeelia, FL 33922.