A medley of shrimp and scallops tossed with fresh mushrooms and spinach in a creamy white sauce.
2 Tbs. oil
2 oz. sliced pablano peppers
5 oz. bay scallops
3 oz. chopped tomatoes (1 small tomato)
5 oz. shrimp (31-35 count)
3 oz. fresh spinach
1/2 tsp. salt
2 oz. sliced red onion
1/2 tsp. white pepper
12 oz. cream sauce (see recipe below)
2 oz. sliced fresh mushrooms (about 6 medium)
2 servings of rice
1/2 tsp. chopped cilantro for garnish
1. Place oil in saut pan over medium heat and add onions, peppers, mushrooms and saut for about 1 minute.
2. Add the scallops and shrimp and then season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Add spinach and cook for 1 minute.
4. Add tomatoes and cream sauce and continue cooking for about another minute.
5. Place cooked rice in the middle of a bowl and add the shrimp and scallop mixture.
2 C. heavy cream
1/2 C. white wine
1/2 C. roux (2 Tbs. flour and 2 Tbs. oil whisked together until smooth)
salt and pepper to taste
Heat and stir until well blended
Capt. Dick May is the owner of Easy Rider Charters in Bokeelia. He can be reached at 239-283-3247 or easyridercharters.com. "Capt. Dick's Seafood & Southern Country Cooking" (new cookbook) can be ordered for $14.95 plus $3 postage by calling the number above or by mailing a check (made out to Dick May) to 7989 Judge Bean Road, Bokeelia, FL 33922.