This is not as spicy as blackened and can be cooked inside the house.
Boneless, skinless, redfish fillets
Chef Paul Prud-hommes Blackened Redfish Magic Seasoning
1. Melt enough butter in a heavy non-stick skillet to coat both sides of fillets.
2. Remove fillets to a platter and sprinkle fish with seasoning.
3. Add more butter to the skillet and get skillet as hot as you can without it smoking.
4. Cook both sides of the fish as hot as you can without smoking the skillet.
5. Try to turn only once with a large spatula.
6. Cook until fish flakes easily with a fork.
7. Squeeze the juice of one lemon over each skillet of fish.
8. Remove to serving platter and pour a little of the remaining butter in the skillet over the fish.
9. Garnish with chopped parsley, if desired.
Capt. Dick May is the owner of Easy Rider Charters in Bokeelia. He can be reached at 239-283-3247 or easyridercharters.com. "Capt. Dick's Seafood & Southern Country Cooking" (new cookbook) can be ordered for $14.95 plus $3 postage by calling the number above or by mailing a check (made out to Dick May) to 7989 Judge Bean Road, Bokeelia, FL 33922.