8 fresh Texas Toast bread slices
5 Tbsp. olive oil divided
1 1/2 Lb. peeled, large raw shrimp (20/25 count)
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 C. butter
4 fresh thyme sprigs
2 Tbsp. jarred minced garlic
2 Tbsp. minced green onions
1/3 C. fresh lemon juice
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
Garnish: Lemon zest
1. Preheat grill to 300-350 degrees.
2. Drizzle one side of the bread slices with 3 Tbsp. olive oil.
3. Grill bread slices for 1-2 minutes or until toasted.
4. Cut bread slices into triangles.
5. Place on a serving platter.
6. Devein shrimp. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Melt butter with remaining 2 Tbsp. olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
8. Add shrimp, thyme, garlic and green onions and saut for 2-3 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink.
9. Add lemon juice and parsley.
10. Serve immediately over grilled bread. Garnish if desired.
Make 10 servings
Capt. Dick May is the owner of Easy Rider Charters in Bokeelia. He can be reached at 239-283-3247 or easyridercharters.com. "Capt. Dick's Seafood & Southern Country Cooking" (new cookbook) can be ordered for $14.95 plus $3 postage by calling the number above or by mailing a check (made out to Dick May) to 7989 Judge Bean Road, Bokeelia, FL 33922.