1 (64 oz pkg.) family size frozen mixed fruit
1 (15 oz. can) chunky mixed fruit with juice
1 (20 oz. can) pineapple chunks with juice
1 (4 oz. pkg.) fresh or frozen blueberries
3 bananas sliced
1 (8 oz. can) mandarin orange slices
1/2 of a (7 oz. pkg.) coconut
1. Mix all fruit (except blueberries and coconut) together and refrigerate to meld the flavors.
2. When ready to serve, add the blueberries and sprinkle with coconut.
Granny's green beans
10 slices bacon cut into small pieces
2 onions cut into small pieces
2 Lbs. fresh green beans or 3 cans of whole green beans
3 cans of chicken stock
3 C. cooked and mashed sweet potatoes
1/2 C. sugar
8 oz. cream cheese softened
dash of salt
1 C. chopped pecans
1 C. Cornflakes
1/2 C. brown sugar
1. Mix together the sweet potatoes, sugar, cream cheese, eggs and salt and mix well.
2. Put the mixture in a buttered casserole.
3. Mix the pecans, cornflakes and brown sugar and top the casserole.
4. Drizzle with 1/2 C. of melted butter and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Capt. Dick May is the owner of Easy Rider Charters in Bokeelia. He can be reached at 239-283-3247 or easyridercharters.com. "Capt. Dick's Seafood & Southern Country Cooking" (new cookbook) can be ordered for $14.95 plus $3 postage by calling the number above or by mailing a check (made out to Dick May) to 7989 Judge Bean Road, Bokeelia, FL 33922.