1 Lb. large sea scallops
3 Tbs. lemon juice
1 Tbs. vegetable oil
1 Tbs. honey
1 Tbs. soy sauce
1/2 tsp. ginger
2 Tbs. toasted sesame seeds
1. Combine lemon juice, honey, oil, soy sauce and ginger.
2. Add scallops and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
3. Remove scallops from marinade and skewer evenly on 4 skewers.
4. Place in a shallow baking pan that has been sprayed with non-stick coating.
5. Broil 4-6 inches from the heat source for 2-3 minutes.
6. Turn and baste with the marinade and cook for 2-3 minutes more.
7. Sprinkle sesame seeds on wax paper and roll each skewer to coat the scallops evenly.
8. Serve over hot rice or on a cold mixed salad.
Capt. Dick May is the owner of Easy Rider Charters in Bokeelia. He can be reached at 239-283-3247 or easyridercharters.com. "Capt. Dick's Seafood & Southern Country Cooking" (new cookbook) can be ordered for $14.95 plus $3 postage by calling the number above or by mailing a check (made out to Dick May) to 7989 Judge Bean Road, Bokeelia, FL 33922.