Fillets of trout or flounder with tomato-caper sauce
2 Tbs. olive oil divided in half
1 small onion thinly sliced
1 (14 oz) can Italian style plum tomatoes
2 Tbs. capers
salt and pepper to taste
1 c. bread crumbs
1 Tbs. lemon juice
1 Tbs. parsley minced
1-1/2 Lbs. trout or flounder fillets
1. In a small skillet, heat 1 Tbs. oil over low heat.
2. When hot, saute onion until soft, but not browned.
3. Add tomatoes, capers, salt and pepper. Simmer for 15-minutes, stirring occasionally to break up tomatoes. Set aside.
4. Heat oven to 400 degrees.
5. In a small bowl, blend together bread crumbs, lemon juice, parsley and the remaining 1 Tbs. of oil.
6. In a greased shallow baking dish, arrange fish and spread bread crumb mixture evenly over the top of the fish.
7. Bake on the highest oven rack for 8-10 minutes or until the fish is opaque.
8. Top with warmed tomato and caper sauce and serve.
Capt. Dick May is the owner of Easy Rider Charters in Bokeelia. He can be reached at 239-283-3247 or easyridercharters.com. "Capt. Dick's Seafood & Southern Country Cooking" (new cookbook) can be ordered for $14.95 plus $3 postage by calling the number above or by mailing a check (made out to Dick May) to 7989 Judge Bean Road, Bokeelia, FL 33922.