One (3-4 lb) beef chuck roast or pork butt
1 (7 oz) can green chilies chopped
2 Tbs. chili powder
1/2 tsp. oregano
1/3 tsp. cumin
1 clove garlic minced
Salt to taste
1. On a large piece of heavy-duty foil, place roast.
2. In a small bowl, combine next six ingredients.
3. Spread mixture on top of meat and seal securely in foil.
4. Place in oven-proof dish and bake for 3 1/2 to 4 hours at 300 degrees. Cook a little longer if necessary.
5. The meat should be so tender that it will fall apart.
6. Shred meat and spoon each serving into a warm tortilla.
7. Serve with guacamole and salsa.
8. We also like sour cream on the side.
Capt. Dick May is the owner of Easy Rider Charters in Bokeelia. He can be reached at 239-283-3247 or easyridercharters.com. "Capt. Dick's Seafood & Southern Country Cooking" (new cookbook) can be ordered for $14.95 plus $3 postage by calling the number above or by mailing a check (made out to Dick May) to 7989 Judge Bean Road, Bokeelia, FL 33922.