1 stick of butter
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. karo syrup
2 to 3 bananas
1 oz. dark rum
1-1/3 c. vanilla ice cream
1. Melt the butter in a microwaveable bowl with 1/2 c. brown sugar and 1/2 c. karo syrup.
2. Cook until hot and bubbly.
3. Add sliced bananas and microwave again until bubbly.
4. Remove from microwave and stir in rum.
5. Spoon over ice cream in individual bowls.
6. Serve immediately.
Capt. Dick May is the owner of Easy Rider Charters in Bokeelia. He can be reached at 239-283-3247 or easyridercharters.com. "Capt. Dick's Seafood & Southern Country Cooking" (new cookbook) can be ordered for $14.95 plus $3 postage by calling the number above or by mailing a check (made out to Dick May) to 7989 Judge Bean Road, Bokeelia, FL 33922.