Letter to the editor:
This letter is to point out that Doug St. Cerny has an outstanding tract record in supporting Pine Island! Between 1990 and 2006, he voted for every issue that supported Pine Island interests, from Comprehensive Plan Amendments, to 20/20 Land Purchases, to protecting Lee County's natural resources. Some examples include:
- The significant 1994 Pine Island Plan Amendments that formed the backbone of our plan;
- The 2000 Lee County Mangrove Protection Ordinance;
- The 2003 Pine Island Plan Coastal Rural Amendments;
- The 1992 Wildlife Corridor Amendments;
- The 1999 Smokehouse Bay Preserve and the 2003 Pine Island Flatwood and Galt Island Preserves; and
- Dozens of Land Development Code Amendments needed to implement the Pine Island Plan and to support Lee County's quality of life.
To me it just does not make any sense at all to go with unknown candidates from Fort Myers that do not know who we are, what we believe in and what we are concerned about! In Doug, we have someone who is smart, ethical, who listens and learns, and who has historically demonstrated huge support for our Greater Pine Island Community. So please, look at his track record votestcerny.com/; give him a call and give him your vote. Thanks!