1 raw lobster tail - shell removed
1 can coconut milk
1 Tbsp. sugar
1 dollop half and half
2 Tbsp. flour
salt and pepper to taste
1. Soak lobster tail in coconut milk with 1 Tbsp. sugar, 2 eggs and dollop of half and half.
2. Roll lobster in mixture of flour, pepper, salt and 1 tsp. sugar.
3. Dip again in coconut milk mixture and repeat the flour dip.
4. Have oil ready for frying in a deep kettle.
5. Run a skewer through the tail of the lobster and let stand on paper towel until the deep fryer is ready.
6. Place lobster in the oil and fry for only 5-7 minutes no longer.
7. Have melted butter (clarified) to dip the lobster in while eating.
Capt. Dick May is the owner of Easy Rider Charters in Bokeelia. He can be reached at 239-283-3247 or easyridercharters.com. "Capt. Dick's Seafood & Southern Country Cooking" (new cookbook) can be ordered for $14.95 plus $3 postage by calling the number above or by mailing a check (made out to Dick May) to 7989 Judge Bean Road, Bokeelia, FL 33922.