This is an old recipe developed in early South Carolina to serve large groups.
This recipe serves 12, so you may want to reduce it.
5 quarts water
1/2 c. old bay seasoning
4 Lbs. small red potatoes (skin on)
1 Lb. small onions
2 Lbs. kielbasa sau-sage - cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
6 ears fresh corn cut in half
4 Lbs. unpeeled, large fresh shrimp
Cocktail sauce or melted butter
1. Bring the water and Old Bay to a boil in a large covered stock pot.
2. Add potatoes, return to a boil and cook uncovered for 10-minutes.
3. Add sausages, onions and corn and return to a boil. Cook 10-minutes or until potatoes are done.
4. Add shrimp and cook for 3-4 minutes or until the shrimp turns pink.
5. Drain and serve hot with cocktail sauce and/or melted butter.
Capt. Dick May is the owner of Easy Rider Charters in Bokeelia. He can be reached at 239-283-3247 or easyridercharters.com. "Capt. Dick's Seafood & Southern Country Cooking" (new cookbook) can be ordered for $14.95 plus $3 postage by calling the number above or by mailing a check (made out to Dick May) to 7989 Judge Bean Road, Bokeelia, FL 33922.