1 1/2 Lb. round steak tenderized
1 c. flour
1 tsp. salt
1?4 tsp. black pepper
2 eggs slightly beaten
1?2 c. milk
oil for frying
6 tbs. bacon fat or pan drippings
2 tbs. flour
3 c. hot milk
salt and pepper to taste
1. Trim steak and cut into five pieces.
2. Combine flour, salt, pepper and dredge steak pieces until lightly coated.
3. Combine eggs and milk.
4. Dip steak pieces into egg and milk and dredge again in flour.
5. Heat 1?2 inch of oil in a heavy skillet.
6. Place steak in skillet and fry until golden brown on both sides.
1. Remove steaks to a warm oven and retain 6 tbs. drippings.
2. Add the flour, and cook and stir until flour begins to brown (don't scorch).
3. Add hot milk and stir until it thickens.
4. Salt and pepper to taste and pour over warm steaks.
Capt. Dick May is the owner of Easy Rider Charters in Bokeelia. He can be reached at 239-283-3247 or easyridercharters.com. "Capt. Dick's Seafood & Southern Country Cooking" (new cookbook) can be ordered for $14.95 plus $3 postage by calling the number above or by mailing a check (made out to Dick May) to 7989 Judge Bean Road, Bokeelia, FL 33922.