3 Tbsp. Cajun seasoning
1 tsp. brown sugar
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
4 boneless, skinless salmon fillets (6 oz. each)
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1/2 cup orange mamalade
1 Tbsp. Lime juice
1. Combine Cajun seasoning, sugar and salt in a small bowl. Rub over all surfaces of the fillets.
2. Saut fillets in oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes. Turn and saut another 2-3 minutes.
3. Blend marmalade and lime juice, swirl in skillet until melted.
4. Carefully turn fish to glaze on all sides
5. The fish is done when it begins to flake when tested with a fork.
Serve with lime wedges.
Capt. Dick May is the owner of Easy Rider Charters in Bokeelia. He can be reached at 239-283-3247 or easyridercharters.com. "Capt. Dick's Seafood & Southern Country Cooking" (new cookbook) can be ordered for $14.95 plus $3 postage by calling the number above or by mailing a check (made out to Dick May) to 7989 Judge Bean Road, Bokeelia, FL 33922.