1/2 Tsp. lemon zest grated
1/2 tsp. dried basil
1/4 tsp. dried oregano
1/4 tsp. onion powder
3/4 C. olive oil
1/4 C. capers
2 red bell peppers cored and seeded and cut into julienned strips
2 Tbs. garlic finely chopped
4 to 8 boneless trout fillets
1. Lightly dust trout fillets with flour.
2. Heat 1 Tbs. of olive oil per fillet which you intend to cook into a non-stick frying pan. Add the trout fillets.
3. Add 1 tsp. of capers per fillet.
4. Add 1/4 of red peppers, basil, oregano, lemon zest and onion powder.
5. Saute each fillet about three minutes and then turn them.
6. Cook about two minutes on the second side. When done, place on a warm platter.
7. Repeat this procedure until all fillets are done and continue cooking until red peppers are done and garlic turns brown.
8. Top trout with vegetables and pan juices and serve.
Capt. Dick May is the owner of Easy Rider Charters in Bokeelia. He can be reached at 239-283-3247 or easyridercharters.com. "Capt. Dick's Seafood & Southern Country Cooking" (new cookbook) can be ordered for $14.95 plus $3 postage by calling the number above or by mailing a check (made out to Dick May) to 7989 Judge Bean Road, Bokeelia, FL 33922.