8 oz. Gorgonzola cheese
2 Tbs. fine bread crumbs
Dash of black pepper
3 Tbs. toasted pine nuts coarsely chopped
20 large uncooked shrimp
1. Crumble cheese into bowl.
2. Stir in bread crumbs, pepper and toasted pine nuts and set aside.
3. Peel, devein and butterfly shrimp. Cut down the back until shrimp can be flattened.
4. Place a teaspoon of the cheese mixture on each shrimp and flatten out to cover shrimp.
5. Place filled shrimp on a foil lined pan and cover with wax paper. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
6. Before cooking, move the broiler rack up to the top position and pre-heat for 10 minutes.
7. Remove the wax paper and broil until the shrimp turn pink on the edges and the cheese starts to brown.
8. Remove from the broiler and serve hot.
Makes 5 shrimp per person for an appetizer
Capt. Dick May is the owner of Easy Rider Charters in Bokeelia. He can be reached at 239-283-3247 or easyridercharters.com. "Capt. Dick's Seafood & Southern Country Cooking" (new cookbook) can be ordered for $14.95 plus $3 postage by calling the number above or by mailing a check (made out to Dick May) to 7989 Judge Bean Road, Bokeelia, FL 33922.