1 (5 to 6 Lb.) boneless leg of lamb
1/3 c. olive oil
1/2 c. fresh lemon juice
2 Tbs. finely minced garlic
1 Tbs. minced fresh rosemary leaves
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Combine the marinade ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Add the lamb and coat well with the marinade.
3. Cover and refrigerate for 6 to 8 hours, turning occasionally.
4. Reserve the marinade.
5. Oil the grill to prevent sticking
6. Grill the lamb over medium-hot coals, four inches from the heat source, for 50-60 minutes, turning every 15 minutes.
7. Brush often with the reserved marinade.
8. Remove the lamb to a cutting board, cover loosely with foil and let rest for 10 minutes.
9. Slice the meat thinly on the diagonal and arrange on a platter and sprinkle with parsley.
10. Garnish with rosemary sprigs.
Capt. Dick May is the owner of Easy Rider Charters in Bokeelia. He can be reached at 239-283-3247 or easyridercharters.com. "Capt. Dick's Seafood & Southern Country Cooking" (new cookbook) can be ordered for $14.95 plus $3 postage by calling the number above or by mailing a check (made out to Dick May) to 7989 Judge Bean Road, Bokeelia, FL 33922.