2 Tbs. butter
1 medium onion diced
1 green bell pepper diced
1 stalk celery diced
1 1/2 c. fresh bread crumbs
1/2 c. milk
1 Lb. crab meat
2 Tbs. fresh dill chopped (2 tsp. dried)
1 Tbs. lemon juice
1 pinch Cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp. salt
Freshly ground pepper to taste
1. Melt butter in skillet. Add the onion and let cook for one minute on low heat.
2. Add the green pepper and celery and cook for one to two minutes more, stirring frequently.
3. Remove from the heat and set aside.
4. Place the bread crumbs in a bowl and dribble the milk over them, while stirring.
5. Let stand for five minutes.
6. Add the crabmeat, vegetables, dill, lemon juice, cayenne, salt and pepper.
7. Mix well and spoon into a greased 1 1/2-quart baking dish.
8. Place on middle rack of oven and bake at 375 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes - until lightly browned.
Capt. Dick May is the owner of Easy Rider Charters in Bokeelia. He can be reached at 239-283-3247 or easyridercharters.com. "Capt. Dick's Seafood & Southern Country Cooking" (new cookbook) can be ordered for $14.95 plus $3 postage by calling the number above or by mailing a check (made out to Dick May) to 7989 Judge Bean Road, Bokeelia, FL 33922.