16 unpeeled shrimp
1/2 c. cream of coconut
3 tbs. cornstarch
1 tbs. mayonnaise
1 tbs. lemon juice
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 c. cornstarch
1 1/2 c. flaked coconut
1/2 c. fine dry bread crumbs
1. Peel shrimp leaving tail on.
2. Stir together cream of coconut and 3 tbs. cornstarch, 1 tbs. mayonnaise, 1 tbs. lemon juice, 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce. Mix well.
3. Coat shrimp in 1 c. cornstarch. Dip in cream of coconut mixture and drain on a wire rack
4. Dredge shrimp in coconut. Dredge in bread crumbs. Place on baking sheet. Cover and chill for 1 hour
5. Pour oil into a Dutch oven to a depth of 2 inches. Heat to 350 degrees.
6. Fry in batches until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
Makes 4 appetizer servings or 2 main course servings with a salad.
Capt. Dick May is the owner of Easy Rider Charters in Bokeelia. He can be reached at 239-283-3247 or easyridercharters.com. "Capt. Dick's Seafood & Southern Country Cooking" (new cookbook) can be ordered for $14.95 plus $3 postage by calling the number above or by mailing a check (made out to Dick May) to 7989 Judge Bean Road, Bokeelia, FL 33922.