One (3 lb.) steak or six (8 oz.) steaks, 2 inches thick
1/2 stick of butter
10 oz. raw oysters
salt and pepper
1. Melt butter in large skillet
2. Add oysters and cook over moderate heat until plump and firm
3. Remove oysters with a slotted spoon and set aside
4. Raise heat and reduce pan juices until only butter and browned bits remain. Set aside.
5. Sprinkle raw steak with pepper and Worcestershire sauce.
6. Cut a horizontal slit in steak and make a pocket.
7. Spoon oysters and pan juices into slit and close it with toothpicks. Lace with butchers twine to hold oysters in.
8. Broil or grill steaks, brushing occasionally with remaining oyster butter and cook to desired doneness.
This is a great party dish.
Capt. Dick May is the owner of Easy Rider Charters in Bokeelia. He can be reached at 239-283-3247 or easyridercharters.com. "Capt. Dick's Seafood & Southern Country Cooking" (new cookbook) can be ordered for $14.95 plus $3 postage by calling the number above or by mailing a check (made out to Dick May) to 7989 Judge Bean Road, Bokeelia, FL 33922.