What to do with leftover turkey in your refrigerator.
3 Tbsp. butter
1 medium onion - chopped
1 green bell pepper - chopped
3 Tbsp. flour
2 C. milk
7 oz. spaghetti - cooked
3 C. chopped, cooked turkey
1 C. shredded cheddar cheese - divided
1 (10 3/4 oz.) can cream of mushroom soup - undiluted
1/4 C. dry white wine
1 (4 oz.) can sliced mushrooms - drained
1 (2 oz.) jar diced pimiento - drained
1/2 C. grated Parmesan cheese
2 Tbsp. chopped, fresh parsley
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 C. slivered almonds - toasted
1. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Add onion, bell pepper and garlic and saute until tender.
3. Stir in flour and cook, stirring constantly for 1 minute.
4. Gradually stir in milk and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thickened and bubbly.
5. Stir in pasta, turkey, 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, cream of mushroom soup, pimiento, Parmesan cheese, parsley, salt, pepper and mix well.
6. Spoon mixture into a lightly greased shallow, two-quart dish.
7. Bake at 350 degrees in 20 minutes
8. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup cheddar cheese and almonds and bake for 5 more minutes.
Serves four to six.
Capt. Dick May is the owner of Easy Rider Charters in Bokeelia. He can be reached at 283-3247 or easyridercharters.com. Capt. Dick's Florida Gulf Coast Seafood and Much More (cookbook) $11.50 plus $2.50 postage can be ordered by calling the number above or by mailing to 7989 Judge Bean Road, Bokeelia, FL 33922. Make checks payable to Dick May.