With the island snowbird population beginning to trickle back, area clubs and pubs are gearing up for a flurry of activities. One such club is the Moose Lodge in St. James City. Among the many clubs that are frequented by year-round residents as well as those who claim the island as home during the winter months, the volume of people occupying the stools at the bar doubles with the coming of the season. After having enjoyed the leisurely days of summer, the bartenders at the Moose will be working double time and among them will be part-time bartender, Janet Hoover.
A resident of Pine Island for the last 12 years, Janet is the proud mother to two sons and has seven grandchildren and five great-grandchildren. Before taking her position at the Pine Island Moose Lodge, Janet has also worked for the American Legion and the Cape Coral Moose Lodge.
“I would never leave this island,” Janet said. “All of my good friends are here and somebody is always here for me.”
The following are Janet’s responses to the bartender questionaire:
1. Astrological sign: Taurus
2. Birth place: Ohio
3. How long have you been working here: 8 years
4. Vanilla or chocolate: Chocolate
5. When you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up: Mom
6. What’s your drink of choice: Beer
7. Do you have a collection or a hobby: I collect Coca-cola
8. Who would you want to play the role of you in a movie: Diane Keaton
9. Where do you see yourself in 10 years: Taking a cruise after I win the lottery
10. Who was your celebrity crush on in high school: Elvis Presley
11. What is your absolute biggest pet peeve: People that are not on time
12. What’s your favorite pastime: Working in the yard
13. Which cartoon character do you most relate to: Minnie Mouse
14. If you were a wild animal,what would you be: Bear
15. If you were on a deserted island, what one thing would you want with you: A good looking guy
16. Who has been the biggest influence in your life: My husband
17. What is your favorite sport to watch: Baseball
18. What is your favorite TV show: Law and Order
19. Do you have any pets: Cat
20. Describe yourself in one word: Dependable
The Pine Island Moose Lodge is open to members seven days a week beginning at 11 a.m. The lodge is located at 8903 Stringfellow Road in St. James City. Those interested in becoming a member can stop in at the Moose Lodge or call 282-0438.
Janet Hoover is a part-time bartender at the Moose Lodge in St. James City.